Be Kind To Yourself. It Is Powerful
I know that everyone is unique and will treat themselves differently depending on their personal situation, attitude and self image, but I think we can all agree that we don’t always go about things in the right way, some days are better than others. Do you agree that you should spend your time being kind to yourself at every available opportunity?
There are some people who spend most of their time berating themselves and speaking into existence bad, nasty and horrible things. At the same time there are others who do reasonably well when it comes to this self talk and thought patterns.
The question is, “How do you rate when it comes to kindness to one’s self?”
For an example, when you make a mistake when driving, do you say to yourself, “Idiot.” or worse? I know I have done this many times before. OR are you the type of person who just smiles, laughs and says, “Whoops?”
Should We Strive For Perfection?
Yes, why not? Will we ever get to that exhalted place, most probably not. However that shouldn’t stop us doing our level best to pamper ourselves a bit more./span>
It is arguable when the word perfection is mentioned. Maybe we should be practicing on a daily basis with the goal to keep improving gradually.
How To Be Kind To Yourself?
1. Forgive yourself for the past. It is easy to keep on blaming you for past mistakes, errors and imperfections.
2. Accept who you are, but understand that there is room for progress, growth and betterment. Refrain from any anger as this will just make you feel bad, which will rebound back on you big time.
3. Appreciate that you are a nice kind person. Some of us do need to work on this, don’t we? (I am laughing)
4. If you get it all wrong, lighten up and promise yourself that you will work on it.
5. Treat yourself with the utmost respect and others will to.
6. Love the person you really are, but not in an egotistical way. You must love yourself before you can love another.
7. Be careful of that self depreciating jibber jabber that goes on inside your head. Ensure that the words you speak to yourself have a calming and soothing effect. They should be positive, upbeat and up-lifting. Cut out the nasty, poisonous and negative monkey chatter permanently, through regular care, attention and practice. Use affirmations to help you achieve this.
Enjoy life through your experiences, but make sure that you enrich, enhance and elevate your thinking, dialogue and your attitude on a day to day basis.
Remember you cannot go through life in a happy state if you are forever attacking yourself. Cut yourself some much needed slack here and relax. You are really a great person, so don’t forget to tell yourself over and over again.
To Your Success
Be kind to yourself