Bold Deadlines Show You Are Serious
Bold deadlines demonstrate that you are professional in your approach to your new venture. It means you are treating your business as a business and not as a hobby or plaything. You are exhibiting that you know your outcome and you are expending sweat equity to get there.
When you set a date and time for a task completion, you elevate yourself into the top echelons of the achievers. But you can only enter the winner’s circle if you follow through on your commitment and take action in a big way.
The key to reaching a deadline is to create fast momentum on the first day and keep your foot on the gas. It takes courage to get started and tenacity to remain on target regardless of any setback or obstacle.
Watch Out For These Costly Mistakes When Setting Bold Deadlines
- Keep your deadline simple. Simplicity is key.
- Failure to write your bold deadline down on paper. This is crucial because you are telling yourself that you mean business, unlike 97% of dreamers.
- Omitting to place a card or poster with your deadline in several places you frequent the most. Places like the fridge, office or bathroom mirror. Your deadline must be seen many times a day in order to stay on track.
- Ignoring the use of an accountability partner, coach or mentor to keep you on track. This is a vital component of success. It is a necessary gap filler for down times, so you stay sharp and on point.
- Creating too many deadlines at the same time. Ideally only have one deadline, but at least make sure the maximum is three. Any more and you will be spinning plates and you will reduce your effectiveness.
- Forgetting to set an exciting deadline which is just out of your reach, something that stretches you. If you play small you will procrastinate and quit eventually, mainly because of lack of inspiration.
- Neglecting to set bold deadlines that are personal and are fired up by a want, a desire or an ambition.
- Setting deadlines that are too far in advance. I strongly suggest setting a date that is no more than 90 days in the future. You can then break down the 90-day goal into bite-size chunks.
Bold deadlines are not only required but demanded in this fast-paced world. In the network marketing profession, they are a MUST.
To Your Success
You may also enjoy these articles: